Saturday, September 18, 2010

Voodoo Donuts

One of the “must see” foodventures I was advised to participate in, was a trip to Voodoo Donut, where the line is sure to be miles long, but worth the wait. Before my excursion, I did my usual research of checking out the web site and menu to see what kind of trouble I would be getting into. The menu of Voodoo is very charming; cute, funky, creative donuts, topped with everything but the kitchen sink, but a donut with Cap’n Crunch or Oreo’s on top just isn’t my cup of tea.

I make the journey anyway, wait in the 20 minute long line behind touristy moms explaining to their kids that the overtly loud music coming from the shop is death metal, and order a Portland Cream donut and a Maple Blazer Blunt. A chocolate-covered, cream-filled donut is my all time favorite, and the Maple Blunt is just funny, so I chose those ones. I guess the novelty is found in the crazy toppings because although these donuts were good, to me, they were nothing to write home about. I guess next time I’ve got to get one topped with chocolate, chocolate chips, frosting, peanut butter, Cocoa Puffs and everything else to get the real Voodoo Donuts experience.

No comments: