Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stella Pastry and Cafe

My day began with climbing stairs to an outdoor garden overlooking the bridge. Then, I headed down the curvy streets, and into a pastry shop where my mom and I got one of my favorites, an eclair, and one of her favorites, a lemon bar. We took our coffees to the small table outside to sip and see the happenings of a balmy morning. No way to feel more Italian in San Francisco than to go to North Beach. I guess I could have accompanied my coffee with cigarettes and arrived by vespa instead of walking, but let's not go over the top here. Stella Pastry and Cafe is a great little spot in North Beach with a wide selection of Italian pastries. I love eclairs, and this one had a cold, rich custard in the middle with chocolate spread on top in a very rustic-looking fashion. My body jolted from the injection of sugar and caffeine. What a way to start the day!


No comments: