Sunday, April 24, 2011

Delicious Decadence

Last weekend I was in San Diego. When I am there, I usually get together with my friend Jenni and her husband Ryan. They share my passion for food and drink, so they always have some newest latest restaurant to show me. This time it was to Urban Solace for their Blue Grass Brunch. Here you can enjoy your bloody mary or mimosa while hearing the twangs of banjos and fiddles in the background on a sunny patio. You have to get their early if you want a seat outside, but the atmosphere is as fun and chic as it is down to earth and homey.

We started with a breakfast appetizer, something I think that all breakfast places should have and usually don't. An appetizer for breakfast makes so much more sense to me than appetizers for any other meal, especially when there is alcohol involved. Your stomach needs a little something to open it up and prepare it for the meals and libations that will follow throughout the day. Our breakfast appetizer on this lovely Sunday morning was the Finger Lickin' Home-Made Buttermilk Cinnamon Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting. This beauty came out with an ice cream scoop size of this airy cream cheese frosting. The three of us shared it, thank god, because this could be a meal in itself. The goopy cinnamon filling mixed with the frosting made me never want to have a cinnamon roll without cream cheese ever again. This is the kind of decadence I needed to start out my day



No comments: